The Payir team has received many emails from well wishers and supporters of Payir, regarding how much they wish to participate and volunteer in Payir’s activities, but their inability to pursue it because of their day to day engagements. Some have also mentioned that Payir is their dream goal and they will get involved actively soon, but have current commitments that they have to fulfill.
We really appreciate all your efforts and willingness to get involved with Payir. And we do truly understand the current commitments and fulfillment’s everyone has. As the Gita mentions – we all are karma yogis and have to fulfil our duties in life, without concerns of results.
I just wanted to write in this blog a few activities which you can undertake right away, with less effort on your end, but big impact to us. Here they are:
1. You can help spread the word about Payir and the work we do with all your friends and family. You can refer them to our website, introduce them to our blog and also if they are interested ask them to enroll with our mailing list, so they can get updates from Payir.
2. You can also help us by spreading the word about Payir to your colleagues at work:
a. Many companies offer a variety of social welfare projects. You can refer Payir to those projects
b. The bulletin boards at work are a great tools to spread the news about Payir. You can request brochures from us, which you can post on your bulletin boards.
c. You can fwd information about Payir to your internal mailing lists at work, and other groups you are a member of
d. You can check with your company if they offer ‘matching grants’ for contributions. If so, you can help us by allowing access to those matching grants.
3. Visit Payir @ Thenur village when possible, just for a day or a few hours. A personal visit will truly enhance your visibility to the work we do, and will also encourage the people in Thenur a lot. There is something we can learn from every visitor.
4. You can have your friends and relatives make a donation to Payir in your name for any important events in your life like kid’s birthdays, birthday milestones (30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, … birthdays), marriage, marriage anniversaries, or any other event. Donations in all amounts are welcome, and donations made in India are tax exempt.
5. If you are planning to take some tax benefits for filing taxes in India, please consider a donation to Payir, as all donations are tax exempt under 80 G. If you are planning to contribute to Payir, please do it right away. Please write to us on how you can money transfer to Payir online from any banks in India. This is an excellent alternative for your tax dollars to work for the society.
These are simple but effective activities which will help Payir a lot, and at the same time provide you with personal satisfaction of helping the community, region, state, nation and humankind as a whole. It is important to keep the passion in your heart – to help the society – burning and alive, so can put it to action sooner. It is even more important to act sooner!
Remember, every single act counts and every single rupee helps!!